Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rant

So, I've had a Nintendo Wii for about 3 months now. Somewhat unfortunately, for the past 3 months, I've also been fairly bankrupt and thus unable to afford any games for it. The novelty of the included Sports bundle is starting to wane, but when I read about the new game World of Goo there seemed to be light at the end of the tunnel.

As soon as I read about it, I wanted it. With trembling hands I went online Wii shopping, only to discover that the WiiWare version is only available in the US. That would be great for me, IF I WAS LIVING IN THE US!!! But alas, I'm not, so have to wait until next year for my Goo-dness.

But I ask you, with gleaming eyes, in this time of globalisation and an ever-shrinking planet, HOW AND WHY CAN A GAME BE RELEASED IN AN ONLINE STORE AND ONLY BE MADE AVAILABLE TO ONE COUNTRY??? And yes, I did check my Wii options to see if I could tell it that I was living in the US, but the bastard killjoys were apparently one step ahead of me on that one as well.

No comments: